The Prometheus Q-POD® is an isolation system for transporting a suspected infectious patient requiring monitoring during transport. The Q-POD® is designed to protect the user, the patient and the immediate environment from cross contamination while transporting the patient.
This isolation chamber is at negative pressure with respect to the surrounding environment to prevent pathogenic microorganisms from escaping. Negative pressure is maintained by a filter motor attached to the feet end of the Q-POD®.
The chamber is made from airtight 300 micron crystal clear polyurethane and airtight yellow polyurethane. An airtight zip fastener allows the chamber to be opened and closed. Patient manipulation is made possible by the inclusion of a pair of neoprene gloves that comply with the P.P.E Directive (category 3).
Features of the product:
- The Prometheus Q-POD® is specifically designed with simplicity and reliability in mind. Its compact size makes it easy to transport. The weight of the isolation chamber is 7kg.
- During the manufacturing process, the chamber undergoes a 5-hour air tightness test under positive pressure
- The negative pressure flow is maintained at a constant level by the motor to ensure optimal comfort for the patient. 3 alarms: Audio, Visual, Vibration to indicate filter blockage and low battery of the motor.
- The filters remove toxic, carcinogenic, and low-level radioactive particles. 99.95% of particles between 0.3µm and 30lpm are removed.
- Capacity to allow passage of cables / oxygen pipes and infusion lines to the patient
Click to view at full size
The Prometheus Q-POD™’s catalogue number is PDF107 and for purchasing information please contact Prometheus DeltaTech at +44 (0) 1568 613942.