The Prometheus PIN® provides rapid intraosseous (IO) access when gaining intravenous access is challenging or impossible. The Prometheus PIN® can be used in emergency medical or trauma cases and can remain in-situ for up to 24 hours.
The Prometheus PIN® has been developed with leading clinicians who understand the need for a high quality, reliable IO device, delivered at an affordable price. The Prometheus PIN® has been designed to be used rapidly, intuitively and effectively.
The Prometheus PIN® can be used for IO access in the humeral head and distal and proximal tibia regions when IV access is difficult or impossible. The Prometheus PIN® incorporates a 15-Gauge trocar and cannula system, the pharmacokinetics and flow properties of which are already well known and scientifically proven.
The simplicity of the Prometheus PIN® makes it a truly useful tool for the emergency care practitioner and the incorporation of a stabilisation device provides additional safety in emergency situations.
Click to view at full size
The Prometheus PIN® is not currently available in the United States.
The Prometheus PIN® catalogue number is PDF103 and is distributed exclusively by Prometheus Medical (www.prometheusmed.com) so to purchase please contact Prometheus Medical at +44 (0) 1568 613942 or through their website.
- Rapid and easy IO insertion
- Single needle solution – one size for all, including paediatrics
- 15-Gauge needle – pharmacokinetics of which are well established
- Stabilisation accessory supplied
- Single-use product – no driver cleaning required between uses
- No power or battery required for insertion
- Lightweight and robust
- Indicated for access to six IO sites
- Latex-free and non-pyrogenic